Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thoughts on Memory

I had some thoughts on the walk home from town this morning. It's a 6+ mile roundtrip walk, which I do 4-5 days a week now, sometimes for the exercise and sometimes for the stores in town and the cafe for the reward. Today's walk was during the snow storm that is present in the Puget Sound until Thursday.

I'm always amzed how falling snow dampens sounds. There were several places on the walk I stopped and couldn't hear anything beside myself. And I loved watching the falling snow, heavy at times, floating down to stick to everything, to be surrounded by all the snow and watching the world turn white.

Anyway, I often let my mind wander on these walks and this is what I thought. Nothing original or new, just moments of thoughts on memory.

I don't have a short memory. It's just takes me longer to remember.

I don't forget things. I just don't remember everything everyone else thinks is important.

I'm not slow thinker. I'm just not as fast as other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment